Sunday, January 14, 2007

To Hans or not to Hans...

The girls are coming around to the name Hans. Now I am not so sure that I like it. I hope this baby has a name before he makes his appearance. Camille had a dream that I was in the hospital and still didn't have a name.

We toured Fayette Hospital yesterday. It's a brand new maternity center and it was really nice. The problem is my current OB doesn't deliever there so I have two options; change OB's to one that does deliver there, or, just show up for delivery there and deal with the fact that they don't know me from Eve. The only drawback to changing OB's is the distance. I would have to travel about 45 minutes each way to my appointments, and with four children, that is a pain in the butt-ola. I really would rather deliver at Fayette though. It has a NICU just in case something is wrong with the baby and Newnan does not. Ah, decisions decisions. We are also thinking about cord blood banking. That is expensive, but it could be lifesaving to a sibling.

3 comments:

Teri said...

The decision about the dr is a hard one, I LOVED the dr that delivered my kids.

Now, the most I ever had to drag was 2 kids- but the closes my dr ever was was an hour. When I was pregnant with Kathrin it was an hour and a half.

Do any OBs have evening appts? That's what I did.

Have fun with the name!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Misty

Aidan's middle name is Hans (after Rob's Dad).
What about Otto Hans Jorek? You mentioned Isaac in your previous post - I think Isaac Hans Jorek sounds REALLY COOL!

So hard to select a name! Don't envy you that!

Hope that you are feeling ok!

Cheers, Wilm

Holly said...

I've heard Fayette is really nice. It would be a lot closer for me to deliver there (how funny would it be if we were there at the same time :-)), but I like my OB and she only delivers at Southern Regional. I was really impressed with the care I got there.