Thursday, February 22, 2007

29 weeks today!

OK! I read in a parenting magazine about something called amniotic fluid embolism. Why in the world would they put that in there? Just to scare me? Now I will be worried all during labor that I am going to die from one of these. I asked my midwife today if she has ever had a patient die of one, and wouldn't you know it, she said yes. She said it was the most traumatic experience of her career and she suffered with post traumatic stess disorder for years after. She also told me to NOT read anything about it ever again. I gained a lot of weight this time. Like four pounds. I had ketones in my urine because I didn't drink any water today. Blood pressure was fine, baby heartrate was fine, slight swelling in my ankles. I really like my midwife a lot. She is someone I could be friends with.

My friend, Stacey, sent me the most adorable crocheted blanket and hat for Simon.

Can you see the little dots (called popcorn) on the one side of the blanket. It is absolutely fabulous. I love the colors too. I can't wait to wrap him up in it. I love, love, love homemade presents. To me it just says, "I love you!"

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Jeal.ous. :) Very cool!

Stephanie said...

Jeal.ous. :) Very cool!